For the goofiness of this month's menu plans, see last week's Menu post!
This week It is a miracle I am even writing!! I think Ashley has tonsillitis. She seemed to be better yesterday but has relapsed today. I may be taking her to walk-in care this afternoon. Brenden and Brooke are working the county fair all week (except today).... they are sitting a Christian Youth in Action booth painting faces and sharing the gospel. Working 2-8:30 we have decided to do dinner for lunch on fair days so they go with a full stomach and we can all just snack in the evening (I pack them sandwiches to take with). To top it off, we have a meeting with the inspector tonight. Anxious to see if the house passes the mark... passing will mean a step-up in packing. With Ashley down sick and Brenden and Brooke gone most of the day... dinners will be interesting and the work will be taxing! Boy am I looking forward to getting moved and re-settled!!
This weekend I tried a recipe I saw on Pinterest for Jalapeno Popper Cheese Bread and WOW, it was AMAZING. Even the kids liked it! It had a bit of a bite but not too much. More along the lines of a mild salsa. The recipe is a bit hard to understand when it comes to rolling out and setting up the loaves for baking but I quickly found out this stage was rather forgiving. My alternate recipe recommendations:
- it says two 8x4 loaf pans, I would recommend at least THREE. It was too much dough for just two.
- increase the cream cheese to at least 2 packages and, if you do three loaves, increase the cheddar to at least 2 1/4 cups.
Oh, and when my husband went to eat some of the left-over BBQ boneless pork ribs I had done in the slow cooker last week, his plate looked so pretty I took a picture for you! So fast, easy, and delicious!
Menu for this week...
BREAKFAST.... is the same this week as it was last week
- hubby and I usually share eggs and toast in the morning before he leaves for work.
- kids will have cereal or oatmeal (it and milk are still on sale this week)
- I will probably make pancakes or waffles at some point this week
DINNER for LUNCH...
Chicken Stir-Fry (using left-over rice from Sunday... we had poor-man's Jambalaya)
Goulash in slow-cooker with a side of Salad and Fresh Bread from bread machine
Burgers and Home Fries
- Brenden will run the grill for me. I am taking Wednesday as a down-day break from packing so can take the time to fry potatoes
BBQ Chicken in the slow cooker, Baked Potato and Salad with a side of Biscuits...
- I think I will make biscuits to go with breakfast this day and use the extras with lunch/dinner
Grocery shop day. A lot going on this day so I am not sure what our meals will be Friday/Saturday. It is pay-day and sometimes we will grab a pizza on pay-day. Costco hot dogs are a possibility as well!
What are you cooking this week?